Coaches & Managers Information - All you need to know 2021
CAPITAL FOOTBALL - http://www.capitalfootball.org.nz/
Junior - http://www.capitalfootball.org.nz/FIXTURES-RESULTS/Junior-Competitions/Junior-Competitions-1
Youth - www.capitalfootball.org.nz/FIXTURES-RESULTS/Youth-Competitions/Youth-Competitions
CAPITAL FOOTBALL'S CANCELLATION PROCESS: http://www.capitalfootball.org.nz/GET-INVOLVED-1/Competition-Information-1/Cancellations-1
Please check the Capital Football fixtures and results page and their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/CapitalFootball/), to check the status of games.
JUNIOR RESULTS: This year all game results need to be entered by each team directly in to Comet. We are in the midst of setting up access for coaches/managers/GCs to the results entry part of Comet. You should receive an invite email once we have set you up. If you don’t receive your invite email, please contact email@example.com. If you need help please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Junior Premier results must be entered into COMET by 4pm Saturday & all other competitions (U9-15) entered by 10am on Monday.
DEFAULTING A FOOTBALL GAME: The person you need to email to default a game is Liam Hyslop - email@example.com Please let Liam know asap as they need to inform the other team.
TRAINING RESOURCES: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2EgsVaNNPNkSGtwemVpYktXZmc
NZ FOOTBALL FRAMEWORK: www.capitalfootball.org.nz/GET-INVOLVED-1/Players-2/Whole-of-Football-Plan-2
NZ FOOTBALL CODE OF CONDUCT: www.nzfootball.co.nz/ABOUT-US/Important-Information/Statutes-Regulations
PLAYING REGULATIONS: www.capitalfootball.org.nz/GET-INVOLVED-1/Competition-Information-1/Competition-Information-4
COACH EDUCATION: www.capitalfootball.org.nz/GET-INVOLVED-1/Coaches-2/Coach-Education
WELLINGTON UNITED TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
Email: Guillermo Schiltenwolf
Mobile: 021 0337655
COACHES/MANAGERS – WE NEED MORE!
Coaches/assistants/managers/grade coordinators are always NEEDED - if you are interested in being part of the team please let us know. Within the Whole of Football programme there are courses to help our many volunteers to learn the rules and how to become confident coaches and referees. These courses are age/grade appropriate so you learn alongside your children.
TRAINING at Wakefield Turf Artificial 2
The Club has Wakefield Turf booked for
- Please don't train on the field in front of the clubrooms as it is booked to other clubs.
- If your team uses portable goals, or is last on the field at the end of a session, please put them away.
- When moving goals please lift them, don't drag goals across the turf.
- Please don't use IBU goals (with an IBU sticker) situated at the far south end of the park.
GIRLS ONLY WINTER LEAGUE, U7-12 (PORTABLE GOALS)
The goals are all now chained up and Capital Football will be assigning a club to be in charge each week to ensure the goals are all put away and locked back up. Please make sure you are helping each other out by setting up the goals if you are the first games on, and putting them back if you are the last teams to play on that field. This will ensure that both the clubs that occupy the turfs, the games next on the turfs and the council are all happy.
It is extremely important that this happens as the goals are being used and left out during the week and left in a pretty bad state, we need to ensure we look after them during the winter to we can keep using them.
Can we also please ask that teams keep to time with their games, as the knock on affect for the teams playing after you is significant. Once your game is finished please move to the side of the field for handshakes etc so the next game can get started.
Artificial Turf Guidelines for Use - Please read.
Reminder about using the artificial turfs.
• No muddy or dirty footwear is permitted - Boots/footwear must be clean prior to taking the field
• No chewing gum, food or sweets
• Apart from water, no liquids are permitted on the field. Water must be in plastic containers
• No animals are permitted on the playing field
• No smoking
• Spectators should preferably stand off the field behind the fences. For First Kicks and Fun Football there are designated areas only for players and coaches.
TEAM PHOTOS (for prizegiving)
We ask each team to submit a team photo. Team photos will be given out at Prizegiving at the end of the season.
It’s up to you what type of photo you take - formal or informal.
We recommend that you get some photos taken early on in the season to ensure you get a great shot with all team members. As the cold weather sets in, getting the entire team together for a photo gets harder so take some now while the weather is fine!
NOTE: The deadline for submitting photos TBC
TROPHY / MEDAL DETAILS
Medals are presented for First Kicks, Under 7 & 8. Trophies are awarded for Under 9-15.
These will be at prizegiving for the coaches/managers to present.
Two trophies are presented at Prizegiving - You are able to choose the two awards
The details will be engraved as follows (for example):
WUJFC Under 9 Diamonds
LAST GAME OF SEASON
TEAM SHIRTS - Coaches/Managers will need to collect ALL club strips after your game last game. Please ensure players in your team bring a change of top.
Some takeaways - http://changingthegameproject.com/changing-the-game-in-youth-sports/
- The single greatest effect on performance is an athlete’s state of mind
- Youth sports used to be about children competing against other children; now it is often adults competing against other adults through their children
- Children play sports because it is FUN; winning comes in way down the list
- Children quit sports when they don’t get to play, and when winning becomes more important than enjoyment
- 90% of children would rather play on a losing team than sit the bench on a winning team
- Competition is important, but being competitive comes from putting the needs and priorities of our children first
- We can all start changing youth sports for the better by learning five simple words (watch to learn what they are)